August 21, 2008

9 Years!! Happy Anniversary



Yesterday was our 9 year anniversary. I kind of forgot. I was wrapped up in the stress of getting a last minute plane ticket for Jeff so he could drive out with me and the girls to my parents and then fly home.

So our day was kind of crazy.

7ish wake up and look online for last minute deals and end up emailing back and forth with my sister.

8:40: Leave for Eyemasters. Britney's last pair of glasses broke and we weren't planning on getting her eyes checked until September when the vision insurance kicked in. We had to do Eyemasters so we would get her glasses that day rather then waiting 2 weeks for them to be ordered.
Turns out she's the most near sided 6 year old the Dr. has ever seen.

10:40: Finally head home. The girls were sooooo good at the store, especially considering it wasn't exactly kid friendly.
Anja falls asleep and between phone calls, emails, and skype with mom and sister I manage to keep Anja asleep and I finish school for the day.

1:30: I totally forgot about lunch. I'm so wrapped up in buying plane tickets and stressing that I forgot. Good news, I used priceline.com and did a bid for a round trip ticket for Jeff that was way cheaper then a one way.

2pm: I wake up Anja so we could drive to Orem and pick up a refund check from Ken Garf Nissan. They promised us a $200 check for our troubles and after they promised, they never returned our phone calls. It's a long story and I haven't posted all the drama. Bottom line, they are the most dishonest, horrible, dealership we have ever come across. NEVER EVER buy from Ken Garff. If it wasn't for my email blast to the CEO, COO, BBB, the sales manager and the internet manager, I doubt I would have had the check cut.

The sales manager told me to come in yesterday and ask for him. He said come about 3 to make sure the check is there. So I drive all the way down to Orem and Mike, the sales manager wasn't even working. In fact, no one had a clue what I was talking about. I was sooo mad!!!
They called over to accounting and verified the check was cut and sent a lot tech to fetch it and so I waited at the dreaded dealership with all 4 girls while they went to get the check and get it signed by the GM. I also knew I wasn't going to leave without a gas voucher.
Finally 45 minutes later with check and gas voucher in hand, I leave to fill up. Luckily my gas light was on ;-). It takes $73 to fill the tank and I made sure I used the premium gas. It felt good and even better knowing I would never have to set foot in that horrible dealership again.

4:50: I finally arrive home and leave a couple messages for last minute babysitters.

6pm: yea!! found babysitters and Jeff and I go out for a date!!!!

Our date included a yummy steak dinner at "Texas Roadhouse"

We went to Shopko to buy myself a anniversary present of shoes. Shopko has payless shoes and they are doing a buy one get 1/2 off. My last pair of shoes only lasted a year and I bought them from JC Penny's verses the ones previous that lasted at least 7 years from Payless. So I ended up getting 4 pairs for $30 including some pumps!!

Target was next and we bought Jeff a couple shirts that he desperately needed. I wanted to buy Anja some clothes but there wasn't any in her size on clearance.

Wa-lmart was our final destination in hopes to find some travel games for the girls. No luck so we left with some milk...lol



Seriously are we lame or what?;-) At least we got out and were together.

In case your want to see pics, A couple weeks ago Jeff spilled 44oz of Mountain Dew onto my camera. It will cost $150 to get professionally cleaned. It works BUT my white balance is not working quite right. So I haven't taken many pics. I may have to suck it up and just take pics and learn how to fix them in photoshop until I have $150 to get it cleaned and fixed.


If you made it this far...CONGRATS!!

3 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry about your camera. Post that Ken Garf story somewhere, please!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!! That was one day crammed full of things to do.

Misty said...

Happy anniversary! We're coming up on 9 years too!