So, back in August I learned I was vitamin D deficient. So I started eating yogurt everyday and upping my dairy intake. At that time Anja woke up once a night to nurse, it wasn't bad at all. However the past 6 months her sleeping habit became horrible. She is often up every few hours wanting to always nurse. It's been really hard on our family.
We tried several things from changing mattresses, having Jeff take over, and recently thought maybe she was hungry. So we started giving her more milk during the day and feed her a cheese sandwich right before bed. Things got even worse. We couldn't even lay her down and she was waking up every hour or so.
We finally took her in to the doctor and we all determined she has a dairy allergy that is causing her to have silent reflux. So we've both been off dairy for the past 3 days and she slept for 6 consecutive hours last night. 6 HOURS!! It was heaven. I don't remember the last time I slept for 6 hours straight. While I was pregnant I would have to wake up several times a night to pee and then Anja was born and she nursed every 4-6 hours.
So it's been years since I've really slept.
I can't believe it took this long to realize it was dairy that kept Anja from sleeping. I bet by next week, I'll be a whole new person!!!



3 comments:
You WILL be a whole new person! I remember struggling so much with Liane's sleeping too and when we finally figured out what to do it changed everything! Im so happy for you! yeah!!
ah I'm so glad you have a fix! Who knows, maybe getting SLEEP on a regular basis will help your vit D thing too! Girl you are superwoman in my book - I seriously don't know HOW you do it. I love to ck your blog and see the things going on in your life. Keep at it girl!
Wow. Elliott used to only wake up once a night to nurse. Now he wakes up at least 4 times a night to nurse. I wonder if there's something similar going on?
Post a Comment