August 6, 2008

Stake Lagoon Day

Yesterday was our Stake's Lagoon Day. We have a free parking pass and a free entrance pass with coupons to ride a handful of rides for free. So we mapped out our walking route and spent a wonderful day as a family.






I originally sat down in a sleigh with Anja but she kept reaching for the Giraffe...lol So I got up and set her on the Giraffe and she had a BLAST.





We rode the train and I actually felt sorry for the animals. The cages and environment was so sadly small. It didn't seem right.








After spending a few hours seeing everything and riding what we could ride, we decided it was too expensive to eat dinner in the park. We drove to IHOP and was pleasantly surprised that kids eat free on Tuesday nights. We cut our bill in half and all the kids ate GREAT. Britney was excited that a kids fish dish was on the menu. The poor manager wasn't too happy about the huge comp but it wasn't our fault. ;-)

We then went to Target and got Jeff 4 pairs of shorts and a shirt for less then $13. I found an awesome shirt for less the $4.

It was awesome to be together as a family. Even though buying the Van has been extremely stressful and it's still not over, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I missed being able to go anywhere as a family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! And score on some good deals. And I love kids eat free (not so sure the restaurants like it when my family shows up though LOL)