May 4, 2009

Well that's a new one

So Anja and I had our endocrinology appointment today. My thyroid has been all over the map the past year and my vitamin D levels have been struggling. So last week I had a bunch of blood drawn to check up on everything and my endo likes to draw extra stuff just to make sure everything is ok.


Well great news, my vitamin D levels are finally going up. Not to where they could be so my dosage is changing but a HUGE difference.

Bad news, I appear to be hypoglycemic. I looked up the symptoms and I have everything listed.  My #'s were fairly low and I retested this morning.  So for the next 8 weeks, I really need to cut out refined sugars. It seems overwhelming but I really want to be healthy. My insurance doesn't cover nutritionists so I'm kind of on my own figuring this out.

Anja's vitamin D levels were still low and our doctor found it interesting that both of us are struggling with vitamin D so he's consulting with other docs and will send her a prescription this week and do more blood work in 8 weeks as well on her.  She's fallen quite a bit off her growth curve so we will be monitoring that as well.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow - girl, Sometimes I think God is just up there w/ his "trials board" throwing darts saying "hmm what will we send her this week?!" You're so incredible - I have no good advice, sorry! You're so in tune with these kinds of things (being healthy and natural and such) I bet you'll have it down pretty quick. Good luck with things!