May 10, 2009

What a great weekend

So besides my fatigued. I've had a great weekend. Jeff took Friday off and I was able to go grocery shopping without dragging all the kids. It was soo nice. We worked on things around the house and it was great to have him home. I got a super nice Mother's Day card from my parents in the mail and I had my sister buy my mom some hanging plants for me. It's nice to have my sister live by my parents so I can paypal her some cash rather then try and mail something. The plants look awesome and they are already hanging outside my parent's front door.


Saturday we finished our sq. foot garden and I wish I could take pictures but my camera is still in the shop. As soon as I get my camera back I can't wait to get pictures to show how awesome my garden looks. I highly recomend sq. foot gardening. Here's the book we've been going by.

We bought the book after we attended a sq. foot gardening class at our local IFA. I'm already sold. Just getting the garden together has been so much easier then the traditional method. I'm excited to get the homeschooling lesson plans to teach the girls.

You can also visit the website here.

Places like Thanksgiving point and local nurseries have sq. foot garden set ups and Missionaries in the Provo MTC learn the method so they can teach people how to be self sufficient in 3rd world countries. It's such an efficient method that I'm so glad I came across.

So this morning I've enjoyed breakfast in bed and I got some decor to hang over my fireplace. 

Happy Mother's Day!!!



1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a really fun Mother's Day. I hope things are still going well!